Hi All. New member.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BobP

Hi Everyone,
BobP here from Smyrna, GA. Been road riding about 1 year and loving it. I was looking on the internet for a way to clean dirty, greasy bike brushes and came across this website. TissoT from 2014 suggested WD40. I tried it and it worked like a champ! Now, I need a way to clean my nasty sponge and I will be all set! :smile: Look forward to getting to know everyone. :bicycle::smile:

Heigue'r

Veteran
Welcome to the forum

Hi Everyone,
BobP here from Smyrna, GA. Been road riding about 1 year and loving it. I was looking on the internet for a way to clean dirty, greasy bike brushes and came across this website. TissoT from 2014 suggested WD40. I tried it and it worked like a champ! Now, I need a way to clean my nasty sponge and I will be all set! :smile: Look forward to getting to know everyone. :bicycle::smile:
Welcome :welcome:. Don’t use WD40 on a bike ( unless it’s the bike specific formulation) as it’s a water dispersant, but it leaves a sticky horrible dirt magnet residue behind.

OP
OP
BobP

BobP

Welcome :welcome:. Don’t use WD40 on a bike ( unless it’s the bike specific formulation) as it’s a water dispersant, but it leaves a sticky horrible dirt magnet residue behind.
Thank you for your welcome Racing roadkill.
I used a little WD40 on the toothbrush and another brush to try and clean out the grease. Before using the WD40, I washed brushes in detergent and water, but that did not clean them thoroughly. Do you have another suggestion for cleaning the brushes? And do you have a suggestion for cleaning the grease stains out of my sponge? Thanks.:smile:

Top Bottom