Hi all not been on for a bit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billym0404

ive been busy building and changing things, i think i'm addicted to building and tinkering lol

so i sold my KMX tornado to a guy down country seemed really happy with it. though he did get it for a cracking price, i lost a little bu hay ho.

i also sold my KMX cobra to a local lad with cancer, very local so any issues i can help him. but dont ask my why i took another cobra as a part x lol. im on converting it to a 48v 1000w rear. just waiting for the rack battery.

ive also just built myself a 750w bafang mid drive mountain bike, i liked my carrera crossfire but this weather the mountain bike seems better. though its quite and i did have a painful mishap lol

ive also changed my performer to a 750w mid drive as well. though its a bit strange. on PAS i can only max it on setting 5 about 28mph but i will do more. but on the throttle it stops at 25 mph so not sure why. i do like the color screens on the bafangs. also changed all the tyres to cope with mud better.

Attachments

• PB240006.JPG
    PB240006.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 61

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:hello:

OP
OP
B

billym0404

so just had my first short ride out with the changes.

it was much more comfortable and the ride felt better, with the seat change and chunky tyres. seemed to handle better as well.

speed, well when it was a 500w rear i could push it along on PAS 5 out of 5 at 24 mph. today the best i could or was getting was 25mph. but i'm not disapointed as there things i should take into account. the first is my fitness level i was hitting that's speed on PAS 5 out of 9. 2nd the tyre change from slicks to chunky, those have to slow things down. 3rd and very important the 500w rear had a 52t front crank-set, the bafang only has a 46t, that's got to make a big difference and i'm sure theirs a way to work out what. i recon with slick tyres and a 52t front crank, even at my fitness level id get over 30mph lol.

the one possible downside is i may have lost some grip on gravelly hills due to the light back wheel now. i may put a rack battery on just to add some wieght to the back.

OP
OP
B

billym0404

well two more conversions done lol. i'm addicted.

a KMX cobra, quite standard with a 48v 250/1000w 26 inch rear. its quite nippy

and a KMX typhoon, no longer a typhoon any more, apart from the frame. everything is slick on it for speed. slick wheels and tyres 54t front crank a 48v 250/1000w rear. needs a few brackets i made painting and bits and bobs.

pictures added

first pictures wrong

Attachments

• PA200011.JPG
    PA200011.JPG
    245.3 KB · Views: 54
  • PC040013.JPG
    PC040013.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 57
Top Bottom