Hi all!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billinger

Regular
Hello all!

The name's Simon, nearly middle aged (30 in 6 weeks or so) and based in the North West.

Currently ride a Carrera hardtail currently on semi-slick tyres as trying to monitor my excercise and fitness and find that 'less weather dependent routes' (i.e roads/towpaths etc) allows me to do so - hence chunky tyres not required - but soon moving into muddy season and will be swapping over.

Was big into bikes as a kid and up to being about 17. Then came along cars and work and my Raleigh Activator has sat ever since. Used in once in 2005 or so, crank fell off - so sat 'out of order' in my shed still. Didn't know if i'd get round to riding much again and avoided stumping up the money myself. Anyway, 2009 (or was it 08?) the wife asked all family to buy me Halfords vouchers for my birthday so spent circa £350 on the Carrera then and never looked back!

The bike itself is ok. Nothing spectacular but does me for what i want. Certainly can't justify buying a new one right now.

Have got plenty of muddy miles in over the past 3/4 years and more recently on tarmac. Also, have 3 children ages 4, 3 and 2 - so not got loads of time; but have got a rear seat that i sometimes take them out on - saying that our 4 year old is probably too big for it now.

Did Llandegla forest last year with a more experienced friend, tried to keep up and ended up with a smashed helmet and dented ego!

Current weekly essential ride is circa 25 miles - once or twice a week - and just get out whenever else i can.

Plan is to keep on riding and maybe get an event or two in next year - be it a 50 or more miler, or perhaps something off road.

hi from down the road in goose green (wigan not falklands):thumbsup:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Welcome!!
And you think middle aged is 30 ? omfg i am over the hill then , i had better hang my lycra up and get my sandals and beard ready to start riding audaxes ;)

Top Bottom