Hi All

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hooks

Just come across this site and thought i'd pop in and say Hi.

I've always been in to road cycling but have lost touch with it over the last few years. As a 15st 7lb rugby player (hooker) i'm often told that it is unnatural for me to want to bike anywhere.
So i have decided to show my team mates that like Lawrence D, rugby players do bike. Next may (close of the season) i am going to cycle LEJOG.
I am very lucky in having an old friend that owns a couple of cycle shops, who has kindly offered me a Giant Defy or XTC at cost price, and So long as i do the ride for a charity close to both of us, he has also offered to throw in any spares and equipment i may need. Time to look through all my bits and pieces i think.
At the minute i'm looking over a very large map armed with a highlighter pen, so if anyone out there has any B&Bs, hostels and campsites they would recommend or roads they wouldn't (other than the obvious ones) please throw them forward, any help now whilst i'm planning my route would be very gratefully recieved.

I look forward to your comments.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hallo and welcome :ohmy:

Morning hooks and welcome to CycleChat.
Old rugbymen do ride bikes - and watch their fellow players develop the 'relaxed muscle' that eventually dribbles over the belt and onto the lap...
Get around the boards and read about the rides - particularly in 'Informal Rides' - there are folk from Beds, Chairs and even Milton Keynes who ride the night away..! And, it is all done in the friendliest of ways. Good luck.
PS The bigger the unit, the harder the hills, the faster the descents...the bigger the thirst on achieving! :laugh:
Watch out for Greg Collins on here too - he's a ref...nasty piece of work. ;)

Top Bottom