Hi all.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

waggoner

I've been reading the forum for about a month now and thought i better jump in and say hi.

I've had a bike for about 13-14 years,, a Raleigh Boulder mountain bike, but its been sat in the garage never used, apart from about 3 weeks worth of riding when i first got it..
So about 2 months ago i dug it out and fitted new tubes and tyres to it and started to ride it to work (5 miles a day). It was brilliant!!

Then about 4 weeks ago,,decided i needed something a bit more up to date,,so i went and got a Scott sportster 55 hybred,,what a difference!!

so far been riding it when ever i can,,even making up excuses to ride it!! I've done a 35 mile ride on it ( 3 1/2 hours) and today done 16 miles on it (1 hours 10min) ,,its great!!

Not quite up to some of you guys on here,,but i'm enjoying it..(better add i'm 43, 6'2''and 18 stone, oh ex smoker too,,so no light weight,lol..).

It been interesting reading the forums,,being kind of new to the bike world..so Hi to all.

Oh, just incase your wondering about the name,, i drive a 38 tonne lorry (truck) for work..

Waggoner.

Shaun

Founder
Hi Waggoner,

Welcome to CycleChat.

You're not the only lorry driver amongst us, and you'll hopefully soon make a few friends here - they're a lovely lot; and being an ex-smoker is the best kind to be (I know, I was a 40-a-day man myself six years ago ... and giving up smoking got me back into cycling).

The difference between an MTB and Hybrid can be quite noticable too - in a good way, as you've discovered and 16 miles in just over an hour is pretty good going too.

Have a good wander around and pop your head in the Cafe for some banter too when you just feel like shooting the breeze.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom