Hi All :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Klis

Hi everyone, I'm Rob, 23 and I have been an avid MTB'r for as long as I can remember!

Although I love my Hard-tail GT 1.0 MTB (
wub.gif
) to bits I'm growing tired of some of the restrictions that I am facing - I.e. Limited off road routes (in my local) and strenuous attempts of on-road riding
tongue.gif

I'm currently doing around 25-35 miles XC a day for recreation and keeping in shape, but I really want to get a road bike for commuting AND to allow me to go further afield and explore.

So... That brings me onto the question which seems to be the bane of some :tongue:

Which Bike should I.....
blush.gif

The reality however, is that I already have my mind semi set on a bike, but the question more relates to 'Is it possible?' & 'Would I be sinning If I did..'? lol

I've also read this thread My Advice To Newbies - Andyfromotley' to get a better/ basic understanding of the different class's of bikes that exist other than MTB's
tongue.gif

---

So... Finance is an issue, but I was thinking of getting a 'Pinarello FP2' (which is by no means cheap**) - Its main goal. Commuting/ Rec and racing. Or jollies such at the L2B 'ride'.

However, I plan to do LEJOG next year. Would the FP2 be suitable? And would I be sinning if I stuck panniers on it lol?

I have thought about Hybrids/ tours, but (IMO) they are only good for commuting and touring, so for me currently, they do not provide much fun
laugh.gif
- Perhaps I can be convinced otherwise though?

So to recap (I know, I'm sorry - Ive already written lots of crud :sad: ).

The FP2 will bring me loads of excitement and fun for both races and recreation.
BUT would it also, with temp mods, be suitable for slightly longer journeys such as LEJOG where use of a support vehicle is of limited availability.
I suppose the other option would be to stick some semi slicks on my MTB?

Thanks all in advance, and I look forward to getting stuck in and burying myself in your community
rolleyes.gif

** I'll be using the TOUR1 Voucher code on Wiggle to get 20% off (£400) - Heads up on the code if you weren't aware and are in the market as well :smile:

Wiggle TOUR1 T&C's for ref.

Attachments

• tongue.gif
    tongue.gif
    260 bytes · Views: 23
OP
OP
K

Klis

No freindly welcome for me? :hyper: :huh:

I wrote and asked too much didnt I..... :rolleyes:

E11a

Hello Rob. Another GT owner here, although I have a hybrid. Much as I love it, I've also been looking at road bikes.

Top Bottom