Hi and help with bike and route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coco69

Veteran
Hi all been a member for a while now but need a bit of help.I am trying to get a cycle route for a 100mile bike ride in memory of a friend of ours i know rac route finder will get a route for cars but i need one that will give me road directions for a bike any suggestions.

I am also looking on behalf of a mate a racing bike or hybrid large(he is around 6ft) for under £300 so a used is prob best option again if you can help that would be great.

The route will be from merseyside (wa10) to penrith.

longers

Legendary Member
Hi Coco, Via Michelin route planner has an option for routing by bike.

I presume a circular route Sorry - reread your post, but is there a theme?

Could you link up favourite places, or simply a place they used to like or got to would give the route some meaning, there are a number of routes and options.

There are several sites such as Bike Route Toaster or BikeHike that use "Open Cycle Map" which includes bike routes as well as roads

Darkmarkster

Über Member
You could also try the freehand mode in Google Maps and just route it along the routes that you want it to go? and then you can print out a copy to hand if you dont have a GPS device.

Cyclist33

coco69 said:
Hi all been a member for a while now but need a bit of help.I am trying to get a cycle route for a 100mile bike ride in memory of a friend of ours i know rac route finder will get a route for cars but i need one that will give me road directions for a bike any suggestions.

I am also looking on behalf of a mate a racing bike or hybrid large(he is around 6ft) for under £300 so a used is prob best option again if you can help that would be great.

The route will be from merseyside (wa10) to penrith.

I am moving to Warrington in May and may well still have my Claud Butler Levante 2006 (flat-bar road bike) for sale, which fits me ok at 5ft 11. Asking price £250... PM me if interested!

Top Bottom