Hi, Everybody....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sporty

Hi everbody I'm new round this way / parts - can anyone help me with my cycling.

I find navigating the roads, on my bicycle quite an effort especially compared to my 4x4 its a beuaty similar to one of my Horses at the stables.

I'm also having problems with my cycle re: set-up whats a good saddle :becool:

The bike I have is one of these...

26542.jpg

Are they any good - a friend of mine told me to throw the Campag. something or other whatever its called, away and get some Shimano which I did of course.

Its great: rides like a dream but that, saddle like a razor sharp woman !

Any help would be appreciated people :ohmy: I heard cyclists are nice people and are mis-understood, well thats what the nice gentleman at the bicycle shop told me.

yenrod

Thats quite a bike that Sport.

Why not try a saddle with a hole in it:

transam_flite.jpg

Nick1979

Sporty, you have a Time Translink and no idea about bikes, Campy/Shimano... ??
I suppose you are lucky :-) how did you end up getting this beauty?

asterix

Comrade Member
sporty said:
[
I'm also having problems with my cycle re: set-up whats a good saddle :smile:

Are they any good - a friend of mine told me to throw the Campag. something or other whatever its called, away and get some Shimano which I did of course.

Its great: rides like a dream but that, saddle like a razor sharp woman !

Any help would be appreciated people :smile: I heard cyclists are nice people and are mis-understood, well thats what the nice gentleman at the bicycle shop told me.

First, I should do away with the saddle - they are just extra weight that you don't need.

Second any problems you encounter with your bike will be traced to the components - Shimano. I should reassess the relationship you have with your 'friend'.

Third, I am the ONLY nice cyclist on this forum and don't you forget it..

Nick1979

+1

Spring suspended saddles are very good, the more springs you have the more comfortable it is. It will greatly improve your performance as well (some studies say about 15-20% on difficult uphill roads). The only reason you don't see them in the Tour de France is they have been banned by the UCI a few years ago because they provide an unfair advantage to the team using them!
They are quite difficult to find but if you can by all mean buy a saddle like the one boba posted!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't like to be critical of a newbie but I feel I must point out that the comma you have used after 'navigating the roads' is superfluous.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Maz said:
bullsht/trollism...

+1
Why would you dump Campag and spend loads of Shimano because your mate told you to?
If it is true, i'll give you £10 for your Campag stuff, and i'll give you this saddle i have which is white so will match your bike.

OP
OP
S

sporty

Joe24 said:
+1
Why would you dump Campag and spend loads of Shimano because your mate told you to?
If it is true, i'll give you £10 for your Campag stuff, and i'll give you this saddle i have which is white so will match your bike.

Joe24 I believe it ended up in a bag and down the charity shop I'm afraid in the village.

I do beleive the young-un took it down in her Aston Vantage - such a lovely vehicle that.

Oh well !

Its a pity I couldnt have came here earlier, heh, you folks !!!

Do any of the members of this 'forum' have any great cars/bikes...

OP
OP
S

sporty

Oh Joe - I liked the action of the lever, quite good and the lovely gentleman in the shop told me that carbon stuff, i think he called it, was a bit iffy!!!!!!!!

asterix

Comrade Member
sporty said:
Joe24

Do any of the members of this 'forum' have any great cars/bikes...

Yup, my 'builders van'. A superb piece of 'kit': unique due to inadvertant body 'restyling' and comes with impeccable 'provenance' from its former life owned by 'plumber'. It has a built in facility for avoiding speeding 'tickets', i.e. it's slow.