Hi Everyone. T

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eddie Roller SA

Hi Everyone. Hoping to make contact with individuals or clubs in UK, Belgium or Holland that focus on youth Track and Road development.
We have some really talented youths that we are currently working with in the Gauteng (Johannesburg) region of SA and are looking for opportunities to share ideas and hopefully to bring some of them over to Europe June-July 2022. Johannesburg also makes an excellent Nov, Dec, Jan (Our Summer) training facility for European riders due to its height above sea level.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
:welcome: My son's a 1st year Junior with a Youth/Junior/U23 team in the UK - JRC Shutt Ridley RT so I'll add a few bits below.

There will be different groups for Belgium / Holland - with major races such as Assen. I leave that bit to my son's team I'm afraid to make contact so can't help there primarily because my language ability is useless.

Within the UK there's a thriving Youth racing scene but Juniors tend to be in adult races although there is a national junior road series. British Cycling's the UK-centric body for most of the racing - track and road - with regions having their own contact points. There'll be Facebook groups for contacts/messages/information for each of these.

There are velodromes - indoor and outdoor - in most of the UK regions although I do most of my indoor riding at Manchester and I think Belville's the only indoor one you've got in SA? I was over there in 2016 in Cape Town/Pietermaritzburg for a holiday and doing some volunteering in Swaziland.

Top Bottom