Hi everyone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been riding a bike to work for nearly 4 years, but I was never really that bothered or intersested in my bike(Carrera Subway 2) or cycling till it broken and I was force to ride My Apollo Aybss one word for that bike is "TANK". I just bought a Specailized Hardrock to ride to work and for everything esle. So I really want to look after this bike and hopfully rebuild my subway 2 so any help I will be grateful

Biker Joe

Über Member
A warm welcome to you..
At least the Apollo got you out of a fix.
If you tell us what's broken on your Carrera, someone may be able to offer assistance.
Glad you are going to look after your new bike. They do appreciate a bit of care and attention.
Take care and ride safe.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
welcome to CC !
As Joe says we might be able to give you some pointers of how to fix your subway if you post details in the know how section .I had a subway when i started cycling again and they are good bikes .

OP
OP
ChrisH89

ChrisH89

Ok thanks I'll have a look in knowHow section. My subway needs a new everything the only thing thats ok on it are the brakes somehow?.
I took it to Halfords a while ago(A mistake now I know that) and they said about 80% of my bike needs replacing and it was going to cost £201 to fix!. I've looked on the net for parts but I don't have a idea what am looking for?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
If you've had a quote, hopefully they've listed the parts needed?

If so, then you can get advice on here as to a) best ones to replace first, b) ones that can be refurbished, the approx. real cost and d) the best order to do them in

OP
OP
ChrisH89

ChrisH89

They did make a list, but before i could get it the tec, ripped it up and put it in the bin. A never replace a single thing on the bike in 4years and never did any maintince so a would imagime all off it needs replacing

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
mmm.... the basics would be
true the wheels
brakes
cassette
chain
bottom bracket
tyres
grease the wheel hubs
re-cable maybe .
Probably £100 in bits or less if you shop around + labour .
I bought a halfords (gasp ) tool kit and it has near enough all the tools to do my own maintenence so i save a lot of money in labour chargers and shop around for parts.
The only extra tools i had to buy where a cable cutter and an external bottom bracket tool for my nicer bike .
last job i took the bike to a bike shop for was a new headset as i did not have a headset press although i have heard that you can do it with wood etc.

OP
OP
ChrisH89

ChrisH89

Yeah sound about what they said, but the said it need a complete new drive train. If I remeber right the Tec said "I rode it to death"

Top Bottom