Hi folks! From snowy Russia :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleksey-San

Regular
I keen on bycicle tourism (trekking). Loving cycling from childhood but have never gone for any kind of sports with it. In autumn 2017 I joined a basic level touristic school in Moscow Bicycle Tourism Club and finished it this year in summer. Bicycle tourism is a kind of sport in Russia - you can take part in competitions, increase your level and win awards and titles in it. Huge territory, variety of landscapes and seasons, very soft laws and regulations for wild camping make bicycle treks very interesting and attractive kind of activity. And of course we visit other countries to trek by bikes there. We are planning a trek in Scotland Highlands and Islands in May 2019. If you would like to visit Russia and travel in there by bicycle you are warmly welcome. I and my friends can help you to plan, organize the trip and assist during your trekking in Russia.

Welcome. Here's a beer. :cheers: We don't have vodka, unfortunately.

Contact me when you have your Scotland trip organised. I would like to tag along a bit if you come to our town.

Slick

Guru
Hi, welcome to the forum.:welcome:

Lots of people here always happy to help if you need any for your next trip. Scotland is an amazing country, you'll love it here. :thumbsup:

Welcome.

I visited Moscow a few years ago and quickly decided it was a place I never want to cycle in. But that was in the city and the Oblast. St Petersburg, which I visited years earlier seemed more amenable but not that appealing.

Where do you trek? On public roads or are there off road trails.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
How deep is the snow right now?

OP
OP
Aleksey-San

Aleksey-San

Regular
Welcome.

I visited Moscow a few years ago and quickly decided it was a place I never want to cycle in. But that was in the city and the Oblast. St Petersburg, which I visited years earlier seemed more amenable but not that appealing.

Where do you trek? On public roads or are there off road trails.

He-he. Yeah, Moscow or the former capital Saint-Petersburg are not bicycle-friendly. And the same is true for other big cities. Serious treks of hundreds miles length are arranged far out of them - in Ural, Caucas or other mountain regions or just in rural or forestry areas.

OP
OP
Aleksey-San

Aleksey-San

Regular
Welcome. Here's a beer. :cheers: We don't have vodka, unfortunately.

Contact me when you have your Scotland trip organised. I would like to tag along a bit if you come to our town.

Thanks Yello Saddle. Actually I drink Belhaven Scottish Stout more often then vodka ^_^. It is my favorite stout and fortunatly it is sold in a pub which is just 5 minutes of walk from my home.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Welcome!
Been travelling to Russia for some 7 years or so. Initially Kaliningrad, but latterly in Tula province and occasionally Moscow. In this time there has been a HUGE change in the numbers of people riding bikes and the numbers of shops selling bikes as well. Somehow people are finding routes that work for them (or are very brave). Driving in Russia is very different to driving in many parts of the EU, but somehow everybody understands the rules. As a pedestrian I find Russian drivers are very accomodating.
It's a fascinating country with lovely people. For wide open spaces, it's hard to beat!

Top Bottom