Hi Folks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Earlier this year I bought a new Viking Clubmaster to commute the 15 miles round trip to work to get a bit fitter, after years of owning (but not really using) a cheap heavy mountain bike.

The Clubmaster was bought for two reasons firstly it was cheap, budget was a serious consideration and secondly I owned an original Clubmaster in my teens, passed on to me by an Uncle who had acquired it years before at an house clearance, I don't think either of really knew what it was, as back in the 80's we couldn't Google it. I sold it eventually for about £20 quid I think to help fund a mountain bike (Arrrrggghh WHY!!!!) (I know the new one is built cheaply for Avocet somewhere foreign and nowhere near Wolverhampton but given my budget I couldn't resist a nostalgia trip)

Anyway I'm really enjoying getting work without using petrol and riding a road bike (or one with drops or a racer, please choose your preferred description), I'm also getting fitter losing nearly a stone already. I only really use the car now for shopping and any journey over twenty miles, (I'm not that fit yet) or journeys where my wife and son need to come with me.

I will try to post when I have a relevant comment to a thread or a funny or alarming story to share

Thanks for reading

Simon

Peteaud

Veteran
:welcome:

My 1st real bike was a Sunn racer that i threw into a skip when i got a motorbike.

At times I was a plank.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Glad you like it I've changed the saddle, it came with a fab retro leather saddle but I needed a bit more comfort and I put the red treaded puncture resistant tyres on (the back one is now white after an encounter with a serious pothole)

OP
OP
simon the viking
Hi wisdom, I certainly am enjoying it, really hate getting stuck in traffic if I have to go to work in the car. I haven't cycled this much since I passed my driving test over twenty years ago. I arrive at work sweaty but with a sense of achievement, something I never got in a car and there's very good LBS across the road from my work, perfect!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome Simon the viking!
:bicycle: to work is great, good you're enjoying it.

Top Bottom