Hi from a newbie cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Binka

Über Member
Just wanted to introduce myself. 20 years ago I was a keen mountain biker but haven't done much for 15 years.

Decided I wanted to get fit/lose weight and started going out on my old mtb. Only problem is that I'm in the flattest part of the uk and no real mountain biking potential. So it was all road biking. Well 5 miles on a mountain bike is a bit of a drag and not overly enjoyable.

So last week I got a Specialized Tricross which I'm totally in love with. So far my longest ride has been 10miles at 12mph average. Felt ok after this so am going to try and up the distance. I want to start commuting one day a week as well which will be 15mile round trip.

I appear to have bought some SPDs today so need to learn to use them!

The goal for next year is to do a short tour, maybe the north Norfolk cycleway.

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Welcome :welcome: welcome​

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Lean bike against living room wall. Back pedal. Unclip. Clip in. Back pedal. Unclip. Watch Dave. Every time you hear audience laughter, unclip. :smile:

OP
OP
Binka

Binka

Über Member
Thanks for the welcomes.

I'm actually over the border in lincs but I do love Norfolk. Was on holiday there last month and saw some info about the cycle route and thought it sounded ideal for a first tour. Other option was the dales cycleway, but Norfolk has less hills so wins!

monkeylc

Über Member
:hello:
biked from Leicester to Spalding the other week,great when you get on the flats :thumbsup:

apart from the wind that is........... :banghead:

Fubar

Guru
Just wanted to introduce myself. 20 years ago I was a keen mountain biker but haven't done much for 15 years.

Decided I wanted to get fit/lose weight and started going out on my old mtb. Only problem is that I'm in the flattest part of the uk and no real mountain biking potential. So it was all road biking. Well 5 miles on a mountain bike is a bit of a drag and not overly enjoyable.

So last week I got a Specialized Tricross which I'm totally in love with. So far my longest ride has been 10miles at 12mph average. Felt ok after this so am going to try and up the distance. I want to start commuting one day a week as well which will be 15mile round trip.

I appear to have bought some SPDs today so need to learn to use them!

The goal for next year is to do a short tour, maybe the north Norfolk cycleway.

Hi and :welcome: to the forum. There is a lot of good advice on here about riding "clipless" and my advice would be to get into the habit of unclipping when pulling on the rear brake - you never know when you'll need to stop dead and by then it's too late!! Once you get into a good habit you will do it every time without thinking. Regards, Mark

Top Bottom