Hi from a runner who's getting into cycling ;-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Welcome to cycle chat

Last edited:
Hi & welcome :hello:

Do you still run? If so don't give it up as it's probably a better all-round exercise, although cycling is easier on the knees.

Not sure about this forum but I have noticed a big difference in the number of women cyclists on road bikes these days.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I came into cycling from Marathon and half marathon running. I quickly found out that cycling is a lot kinder on the body, especially the leg joints. There are more men in cycling than women in cycling. But that is also the same for running, Dont let that put you off. Women hold their own in cycling and you are doing it for you, not anyone else. Like all activity, it gets easier the more you practice.

OP
OP
FitMum

FitMum

Regular
Hi & welcome :hello:

Do you still run? If so don't give it up as it's probably a better all-round exercise, although cycling is easier on the knees.

Not sure about this forum but I have noticed a big difference in the number of women cyclists on road bikes these days.
I love running, so couldn't give it up, but cycling is taking most of my free time. Thanks for welcoming me ;-)

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome :welcome:. There are a few of us women on the forum.

OP
OP
FitMum

FitMum

Regular
I came into cycling from Marathon and half marathon running. I quickly found out that cycling is a lot kinder on the body, especially the leg joints. There are more men in cycling than women in cycling. But that is also the same for running, Dont let that put you off. Women hold their own in cycling and you are doing it for you, not anyone else. Like all activity, it gets easier the more you practice.
Thanks for your words! I don't give up easily, and would love to actually get more women into cylcing ;-)

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Welcome ,Rickmansworth I know it well. You'll have a good time working out some great routes in the Chilterns.

Top Bottom