hi from Abingdon.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User19783

Hello, I've just breaking into the new age, and joining your forum, looks like a site, loads of information. Just a little about myself. Age, 50 plus, been cycling over ten years or more, ride fixed wheel, road bike and mtb. I've entry into the woodcote sportive, on the 29th Jan, so I have a goal this year, but hoping to do more. Anyway I shall be lookin into this site for tips. Once I've got the hang o
f this computer.

potsy

Rambler
Welcome User19783 :hello:
Been to Abingdon a few times in the last few years, nice place.

OP
OP
U

User19783

Thanks for your warm welcome, yep the marathon still going, every year, I just wish I could b that fit to do one, unfortunately I don't no any cyclist around here, but I see a lot around, I must join a club, but which one? Amway enjoying this site, its goin to keep me going for a while.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Thanks for your warm welcome, yep the marathon still going, every year, I just wish I could b that fit to do one, unfortunately I don't no any cyclist around here, but I see a lot around, I must join a club, but which one? Amway enjoying this site, its goin to keep me going for a while.

Hi User19783.
I can help you on this, Abingdon Freewheeling is your best starting point, MTB Tues, Road rides Thurs both ending in beer at the Kings Head and Bell. Sunday rides around as well. All ages and abilities. Roll-up and try us out!

http://groupspaces.com/AbingdonFreewheeling/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Freewheeling/110475642298652

There's also Didcot Phoenix which is a proper roadie club, plus Oxford road clubs. We're offering something different.
Hopefully see you sometime, any questions, PM me.

Cheers
FF

MrC

Hi from Eynsham!
I haven't heard of the Woodcote sportive - must have a look...

MrC

OP
OP
U

User19783

Thanks Fab Foodie, for all that information, I like the sound of the Abingdon freewheeling, I will pm you after the woodcote race.

OP
OP
U

User19783

Hello MrC, check out www.southernsportive.com, I don't know nothing about this organization, but they seem to very professional, there's 40. 60.or a 80km routes, I am only doin 40km on a mtb, but it looks like most riders will b using cx bikes, anyway I am lookin forward to it, hopefully I see u there.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Thanks Fab Foodie, for all that information, I like the sound of the Abingdon freewheeling, I will pm you after the woodcote race.
That's great.
In the meantime, feel free to join-in the rumblings on the facebook page to get a feel for what's happening.

@MrC, welcome and feel free to join-us if you want some social riding, some's fast, some's conversational, some long, some short!

Cheers
FF.

Top Bottom