Hi from Brasil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EssexVIG

Hi I am from Chadwell Heath and used to be a keen biker in the 60´s and was a member of Hainualt Road club for a while. I spent around 25 years in Aus but did not do much riding there, too hot and too far to travel, not like riding Essex back roads :>)
I am now in Brasil and have bought myself an average locally made MTB a Caloi, which was cheap and handles the crap road conditions here. Pot holes are the rule rather than the exception!
We have recently bought a bike carrier and hope to do a few rides in some of the rural areas round about in the coming months. Hopefully will have some fotos to share, Brasil has more than Carnaval and bikinis!
So if you were an avid window shopper at Kennistons, Ducketts or Rory o´Briens in the 60´s we may have been ohing and ahhing together.

Attachments

• PA220070.JPG
    PA220070.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 54

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome:

Sharky

Guru
Welcome to CC.

Were you still here in 1970? I rode the Hainault RC Hilly 40 in April that year, won by that great legend, Vic Gibbons in 1:47:57. I was some 28 mins slower!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome. I'd be quite happy with the carnivals and bikinis myself!

I bought what I thought was a Rory O' Brien down here but it turned out to be a Dawes someone had rebadged!

Top Bottom