Hi from Brum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pepecat

Hi....

Just joined the forum. Cycled a lot as a kid/teenager, but only just getting back into it now (am 34). Have a Trek 1.2 WSD, and am gearing up to do the British Heart Foundation 30 mile ride in Kenilworth in Oct. Longest ride so far, 14.5 miles (not much, I know!).

Hello pepecat, and welcome to CycleChat. Have a look around, in Café for allsorts, Informal Rides for what people on here have been up to, and Rides and Touring for lovely stories of cycling adventure...soon you'll be motivated to do your mileage - and more - it's that sort of place!
:bicycle:

potsy

Rambler
Welcome pepecat,plenty of time to get yourself ready for the ride,especially as you've already done a 14 miler.
Are you leisure cycling or commuting?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
30 miles should be no problem at all. We seem to have had a recent influx of people from Birmingham on here. Where are you based?

mrsbaggins

Hi....

Just joined the forum. Cycled a lot as a kid/teenager, but only just getting back into it now (am 34). Have a Trek 1.2 WSD, and am gearing up to do the British Heart Foundation 30 mile ride in Kenilworth in Oct. Longest ride so far, 14.5 miles (not much, I know!).

WHOOHOO! Another Brummie. have only been here a short while myself!

OP
OP
pepecat

pepecat

Hello all and thanks for the replies!

Potsy - I'm a leisure cyclist... a commute would take me about ten minutes, which isn't really worth it!! Am planning a 20 miler for the next trip out - just need to find something not too hilly!

BrumJim - am based in Bournville (v near the Selly Oak side of things). Pretty much any route I take is downhill first, so there's always a last grind up to get home.

Top Bottom