Hi from Cornwall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

streetzips

I just joined up and wanted to day hi to everyone from sunny Cornwall!
I was testing my new onboard camera today and got knocked off by a driver pulling out of a junction (whole thing on film).
I find it is very common these days, people just don't seem to look before pulling out.
How many near mises do you recon you get each year?

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qhg9p5ogAw

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Hello streetzips. Welcome.

I think you were very lucky there. Where in Cornwall was that? Beautiful roads!

Best wishes.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi streetzips, welcome to CC!

I think you had a lucky escape there. :eek: 

You must have a very placid nature to be so calm after that little encounter - I'd have been really ranting at the driver! 

Klaus

Can't say "per year" as I have only started riding again this spring - but on Sunday I had a lucky escape on the A40 London Road . Sod in white Peugeot 405 estate overtakes me just after traffic island with only a few inches spare. I was so livid, of course he just carried on without a clue anything had happened. I was shouting and waving my arm but of course no response and I didn't get the plate. And this at 9:30 with relatively little traffic.

Welcome aboard - that was horrid to watch waiting for something to happen. Glad you are OK. Not sure what you were wearing but my guess is that the sun was behind you and so he was blinded to your approach (not making excuses for him).

How did you find a hill in Cornwall that went down? Only ones I find there seem to go up all the time.

I just joined up and wanted to day hi to everyone from sunny Cornwall!
I was testing my new onboard camera today and got knocked off by a driver pulling out of a junction (whole thing on film).
I find it is very common these days, people just don't seem to look before pulling out.
How many near mises do you recon you get each year?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6qhg9p5ogAw

Hi and welcome. That was tough to watch, great quality video. Glad to see your ok.

Keith Oates

Janner
Hi Streetzips, welcome to the forum and hope you get to enjoy posting etc. on here. I'm also from Cornwall but haven't been back for a while now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom