Hi from Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy Davies

I've posted a few replies and messages but thought I would say hello here.

I am from Benfleet in Essex (near Southend if that puts it on the map) and have a newly purchased Dahon Vitesse D7 which I intended to aid my commute to London. I have an old Mountain Bike (I am 25, had it since I was 11 ish when I did cycle proficiency at school!) which is just a basic Halfords Apollo but still works, and am grateful that my parents could buy it for me then! Was always out on it as a kid and hoping to ditch the car more often now I have come to rely on it too much!

Love camping and am hoping to get a lightweight tent to take on the back of a bike sometime next year.

Hiya :hello:

OP
OP
Andy Davies

Andy Davies

I remember stopping at a sea food shed in Benfleet down the bottom of a hill on a corner before the railway line, many moons ago. Anyway welcome from Glasgow

Was it this one? http://www.fishmarketrestaurant.co.uk/
My house is 2 seconds away from there! I back onto the park. Small world!!

My only memory of Glasgow, was noone understanding me in McDonalds and everyone looking dumbfounded at us English College students on our field trip...

Was it this one? http://www.fishmarketrestaurant.co.uk/
My house is 2 seconds away from there! I back onto the park. Small world!!

My only memory of Glasgow, was noone understanding me in McDonalds and everyone looking dumbfounded at us English College students on our field trip...
Thats the one but its very upmarket there now by looks of it.I remember it as an old wooden shed in a pub car park. You had to eat your seafood outside.

ianjmcd

Über Member
welcome to the site i know benfleet well having previously lived in witham used to cycle to work in epping (32 miles x 2)

Hi David,

Go for the lightweight tent, we have a Hillebrand 4 berth and it is still light weight to take on our bikes. Unfortunately due to illness my wife and I haven't been camping recently. This will change shortly, good luck.

Top Bottom