Hi from Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

big al

Got my first road bike earlier this year...managing to get out 2/3 times a week...including 30/50 miles at the weekend.

Absolutely love it, wish I'd done it years ago.

Still trying to work out the differenece between an Audax and a Sportive but plan to give something a try.

CycleChat a veery helpful site for a newbie.

Cheers

MrRidley

:biggrin: Big Al, from a fellow Weegie :bicycle:to answer your question, an audax requires you to wear sandals :ohmy: and a sportive requires a fast bike, Btw i'm doing an audax on Sunday, but without the sandals :biggrin:

Coco

Welcome Al.

HonestMan1910 said:
Hi Al and welcome to CC, another friend in the west to lobby for a non Edinburgh/East coast ride.

:ohmy:

There's one on the 13th of June if you want to come along. I'll be leading from behind. :biggrin:

ACS

Legendary Member
big al said:
Got my first road bike earlier this year...managing to get out 2/3 times a week...including 30/50 miles at the weekend.

Absolutely love it, wish I'd done it years ago.

Still trying to work out the differenece between an Audax and a Sportive but plan to give something a try.

CycleChat a veery helpful site for a newbie.

Cheers

"In sportives people pretend they are racing. - In Audax they pretend they aren't." :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hallo and welcome :biggrin:

OP
OP
B

big al

Appreciate the welcome people.

Unfortunately can't make the event on 13 June due to family holiday...which is disappointing as west renfrewshire is a great place for a bike ride. Will definitely make the effort to join in another event...and will try and work our whether or not to bring sandals!

gavintc

Guru
A sportive typically has signs at junctions directing you, but an audax demands a few more navigational skills following a route from instructions. Food is often provided as part of the entry on a sportive, on an audax, you would buy it (albeit cheaply) at the rest halts. Cost is the most apparent difference when you are looking at entry - sportives are more expensive than audax.

OP
OP
B

big al

gavintc said:
A sportive typically has signs at junctions directing you, but an audax demands a few more navigational skills following a route from instructions. Food is often provided as part of the entry on a sportive, on an audax, you would buy it (albeit cheaply) at the rest halts. Cost is the most apparent difference when you are looking at entry - sportives are more expensive than audax.

Thanks gavintc, an answer with some real points of difference between sportive & audax...and no mention of sandals:smile:

Top Bottom