Hi - from glorious bucks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sonmk

Hi to everyone,
I'm not new to cycling but this has been my first year of doing longer rides and sportives (50 miles +).

I have been getting into cycling to a greater level as I find the cardio helps keep my asthma in check.

In my younger days I started off riding a hardtail mountain bike, a Raleigh M Trax, which now graces my turbo trainer. But now I more of a 'roadie'.

My road bikes are my Halfords Apollo road bike (Training bike) and Radioshack Nissan Trek team edition Di2 carbon bike (summer bike).

Got a few sportives coming up - Biggin Hill, New Forest & Dorking, so looking forward to some hills as it is rather flat down here ^_^ Maybe hope to see some of you guys & gals on some of these courses?

Take care,
SR

mark st1

Plastic Manc
:welcome: Buddy glad to see another local ish person look for the "hello from Slough" post and see if you fancy joining up for a ride out

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Bucks? Flat? You're in the wrong bit! Take your electronic shifting up a Chiltern hill or two.

OP
OP
S

sonmk

Hi, thanks everyone,

I'm right at the north end of bucks.
I used to work over in the chilterns (berkhamsted) and do occasionally take my bike down there sometimes. But I live right up in the north part of bucks so this is not always feasible all the time.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Hi, thanks everyone,

I'm right at the north end of bucks.
I used to work over in the chilterns (berkhamsted) and do occasionally take my bike down there sometimes. But I live right up in the north part of bucks so this is not always feasible all the time.
I wondered from your name if you might be from MK too :smile: I think ive seen someone locally in Radioshack Nissan team kit ;):crazy:

OP
OP
S

sonmk

Hi all,

Yes,
Just on the outskirts of MK, bordering Northamptonshire.

I don't wear any branded kit, think that may be a bit OTT with the bike as it is,^_^

Any of you guys recommend anywhere good to cycle on road in this area?
Think I am going to try down Bow Brickhill, I believe there is a 10 % hill there which make good hill practice:smile:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Any of you guys recommend anywhere good to cycle on road in this area?
Think I am going to try down Bow Brickhill, I believe there is a 10 % hill there which make good hill practice:smile:
It's very very steep compared to anything around the area, but good for charting progress on. :smile:

I mostly try to ride offroad/low traffic and shorter distance than you, but the roads through the Brickhills and into Woburn are pretty nice, you can link through to Steppingly, Milbrook upto Cranfield. The old A421 out to Bedford is good at weekends as theres next to no traffic with the new road but its a bit scary in rush hour. Its slightly less flat out towards Northampton, Stoke Bruerne, Salcey Forest, but you probably know that. Most of the country lanes around MK seem okay, just watch for people overtaking you into oncoming traffic and cover the brakes :smile:

Top Bottom