Hi from Holmfirth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

West Nab

Hi I now live in the Yorkshire hills so trying to get hill fit.

Got a new gravel bike and will be looking for hints and tips .

Cheers

J

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
:welcome:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
:welcome: - I'm usually over that way at a weekend, oddly enough tomorrow whilst my son trains up/down Holme Moss. There are decent trails up into the hills south of you.

@Kestevan is in Holmfirth and may know some routes.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hi :hello:

There are loads of cycling opportunities around Holmfirth so you should have no problems finding what you are looking for and more besides. The only snag is that pretty much regardless of where you go it will be hilly.... I have grown up with such hills and have learned to love them rather than fear them.

If you can master those Holmfirth hills then there is nowhere that you will fear to ride and you will become a god among cyclists :notworthy:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Loads of mixed use trails round here. A lot of the moorland ones can be very muddy in winter though.

A nice spin is to head up to Digley Reservoir, Hoowood lane/Nether lane are gravel tracks that lead up to Wessenden head, you can then take the track down past Wessenden head Res all the way down to Marsden follow the canal back to Huddersfield and then the road back to Holmfirth. Makes for a decent 25m and can be done anytime as it's not too muddy (watch out if it's icy though).

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Oh, and :welcome: btw...

You might also want to take a look at Holmfirth CC. They're a decent bunch, and run a load of rides for all abilities (covid shenanigans permitting)

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

weareHKR

Hi I now live in the Yorkshire hills

Hello & :welcome:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hi
You'll soon get hill fit living round there, you have no option :laugh: Had a day out there a few years ago, I didn't find Holme Moss too bad, it just goes on a long time, Jackson Bridge was a real tester though, much quieter road & worth checking out once you are fit enough :okay:

Top Bottom