Hi from Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bengarbage

Hi all, have been lurking for about a year, so with new bike i thought i'd sign up.

I do a 12 mile round commute each day (no matter the weather) and really enjoy it. Have been using a Dawes 101 hybrid which is hefty however so reliable.

I enjoyed so much i took a plunge and with the help of my company i purchased a Specialized tarmac 2013, the base model.

I used SPD's on my last bike and these will be swapped to the specz. Maybe in future road shoes when budget allows.

How hard and strange to get used to the bike haha (hand grip, tyre size, gears etc...., anyway there you go, Hi and keep riding :smile:
2hhdlc1.jpg

Octet

Veteran
Hey and welcome to the forums!
Took my road bike out today for the first time and you shall be pleased to know you aren't the only one to wobble! Almost fell off when indicating for the first time and watch the curbs if turning into somewhere... hit one when pulling into a shop expecting to ride over it like on a mountain bike but instead fell off :wacko:

Nice looking bike by the way!

OP
OP
Bengarbage

Bengarbage

many thanks for welcome, yeah i know exactly what you mean about the wobbling thing haha, so used to thicker tyres! Going to commute tomorrow but take it easy then when comfortable stick the spd's on. Hope your little spill didnt hurt though lol. Regards.

OP
OP
Bengarbage

Bengarbage

I live in Rochester boybiker, but my commute takes near to upnor, grain etc.. Lovely areas for riding and a good few pubs :smile:

OP
OP
Bengarbage

Bengarbage

Pat so true and I should have. Trust me the "old" bike will remain as a poorer weather commute, in fact I recently purchased a whole new groupset for said beast for under 50 quid wooop. Just need to learn how to change it lol. (thats what this forums for right? riiiigggght?) :smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Pat so true and I should have. Trust me the "old" bike will remain as a poorer weather commute, in fact I recently purchased a whole new groupset for said beast for under 50 quid wooop. Just need to learn how to change it lol. (thats what this forums for right? riiiigggght?) :smile:
So right you are! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom