Hi from Kettering

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mojonaut, 18 Aug 2012.

1. Mojonaut

Mojonaut Über Member

Hello everyone

After 40 years with my current employer along with the obligatory clock I received a cheque, question what to do with it. Buy something like an ipad or something else, I chose a Trek hybrid bike and it's the best decision I've made in a long time. That was a year ago i've clocked up hundreds of miles since exploring all the local roads and bridleways its brilliant.

Today I get my roadbike woo hoo ^_^

So if you see a skinny beardy type puffing up the hills around this area give us a wave as you speed by - it'll probably be me.

Bob

2. ufkacbln

ufkacbln Guest

Last time I was in Kettering I Got snowed in!
    Visiting my parents in St Ives, so decided to cycle home to Portsmouth via a few historic sites and churches.

Got to Geddington (Eleanor Cross) and it started snowing, then had a couple of inches by the time I got to the Tresham Folly at Rushtton, so nipped to Rothwell, and stopped for the night. Then as I was on two wheels, the weather was awful limped into Kettering and came home by train!

Also have fond memories of Wicksteed Park as a child.

3. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

4. berty bassett

berty bassett Guru

welcome bob from down the road in iboro there is some brilliant roads round here aint there !

5. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

welcome bob from down the a509

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice