Hi from Leeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi everyone
Only got into road biking last year after years of MT biking and I'm enjoying every minute of it, just bought a cheap bike to start of with incase I didn't like it but will be upgrading in the next few weeks to a Cube Peloton Race. I get out about 3 times a week doing in between 20 and 50 miles each session well that's enough about me.

Andy

colly

Re member eR
Hi Andy,

:welcome:

Leeds here too. Where do you do your riding?

OP
OP
A

andrew waite

Regular
I am from east Leeds so go around fairburn sherburn tadcaster monk fryston around that area but having a ride to york

colly

Re member eR
Keep an eye on the Informal Rides section. There might be a ride out of Leeds sometime soon. Most likely taking in Wharfedale, Otley, Ilkley and Harrogate etc.

I say 'might be' there will be...............if I can get off my a*** and do something about it. :smile:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
:welcome:

I commute into Leeds from the south, but usually am found riding the southern hills of West Yorkshire. Occasionally, when I want a bit of 'flat stuff' I'll pop up to Selby/York area.

Holy Warrior

Another west yorkshire dude. We're multiplying! Welcome.

Just browsing the search term 'Yorkshire' in 'The Welcome Mat' forum, & found this. Belatedly

I am from east Leeds so go around fairburn sherburn tadcaster monk fryston around that area but having a ride to york

I head out that way quite a lot too, via; Castleford > Allerton Bywater > 'Mary Pannall' > Peckfield Bar > Aberford > Towton > Ulleskelf > Church Fenton > Sherburn-in-Elmet > Soputh Milford > etc....

OP
OP
A

andrew waite

Regular
Just browsing the search term 'Yorkshire' in 'The Welcome Mat' forum, & found this. Belatedly

I head out that way quite a lot too, via; Castleford > Allerton Bywater > 'Mary Pannall' > Peckfield Bar > Aberford > Towton > Ulleskelf > Church Fenton > Sherburn-in-Elmet > Soputh Milford > etc....

Hi Richard
Good to hear from you and welcome, there is a Reliability Ride this Sunday run by the Seacroft Wheelers setting off from squires coffee bar from 8.30 onwards if you fancy it. for more info visit there website.

Hi Andrew

I call at 'Squires' most times for a cuppa tea, when I'm out in that vicinity, but with it now being on 'winter hours', it's closed on Mondays

Very kind offer, thankyou, re; Seacroft Wheelers reliability ride, but I'll probably be 'ParkRunning' Saturday morning (Pontefract) & then I'm at work in the afternoon - having just had yesterday & today as my days-off:rolleyes:

I was in Leeds earlier this afternoon though, having been up to 'Maureens' (Caribbean café on Roundhay Road) for a Goat Curry

I used to ride the Seacroft Wheelers cyclo-cross events at Temple Newsam, but quit 'cross about 5 years ago, as it was getting expensive...................... says the man with a 'redundant' cross-bike hanging up in the garage:blush:

Top Bottom