Hi from Leyland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

countrydave

Hello there.

I'm very new to cycling - about to leap into my first purchase.

I'm 40, not superfit and recently started cycling the 5 1/2 miles to work on my old hybrid. I've a good friend who is well into his riding and has been visiting local shops with me looking at road bikes.

As a starter I'm looking at bikes up to about £500 and have seen a nice Orbea that I'm seriously considering.

The way I'm looking at it is it's cheaper than a gym membership and will also make my commute to work a little easier than the hybrid.

I've also been out a few times in the last week for a 10 mile ride and thoroughly enjoyed every minute (even the hills were an enjoyable challenge).

Hopefully the new wheels will be the start of a long, enjoyable road to a fitter me.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Welcome buddy,not a bad point to start some good rides,you are not far from Blackpool or over our way towards Bolton and Rivington.You will get a load of help and advice off this site and also be made very welcome if you decide to do some forum rides.

OP
OP
C

countrydave

Thanks for the welcome. Bolton is my Dad's hometown.

Looking around it looks like lots of information is available here and the chat looks good.

Here's hoping to many miles under my new tyres. (Still not finalised a purchase, but it's getting closer)

OP
OP
C

countrydave

Right then, bike sorted - at least it will be when it arrives from ebay land.

Trek with carbon forks, ultegra groupset, Mavic Aksium wheels (I'm typing this like I know what I'm on about - my mate says it's good stuff though).

I'll keep you updated on arrival.

Top Bottom