hi from lincoln

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by john-boy, 6 Aug 2012.

1. john-boy

john-boy Well-Known Member

Hi all

i'm john, and as you've probably guessed i'm from lincoln.

I used to do alot of cycling when i was younger (10 - 15years old), like from south wirral to rhyl and back, Bala lake to lake vyrnwy loop and various charity rides like liverpool chester liverpool, cheshire bike ride etc But then discovered i could get served in pubs and it rapidly went down hill from there.

Now im a bit older and the novelty of drinking has worn off i've started riding again. Started off commuting to work on my Scott Reflex 40 mountain bike, and gradually started building distance. so far im doing 30+ miles on 2.1 off road tyres. So last week i treated myself to a brand new road bike, nothink fancy but a good starter.

So while trauling the net for rides around lincoln i can across this place and thought i'd sign up as it seems like a friendly helpful forum.

Thanks for reading my dribble and hopefully meet some of you on the roads ^_^

2. MrJamie

MrJamie Oaf on a Bike

Welcome :smile:

Isnt Lincoln home of a strangely steep street or something? :crazy:

3. OP
    OP
    john-boy

john-boy Well-Known Member

yes mate, steep hill in the middle of town. its hard to walk up it never mind on a bike

4. Grumpy

Grumpy New Member

Hello son fancy seeing you on here :laugh:

5. Berties

Berties Fast and careful!

welcome along to cycle chat :thumbsup:

6. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

:welcome: to CChat :hello:

7. Daz stevens

Daz stevens Regular

Ohh Michael gate cobbles .A'rnt they great lol.I did the Lincoln sportive back in may I think it was. I find scampton hill a bit of a killer also.

john-boy likes this.
  8. Dark46

Dark46 Veteran

Hi and welcome to the forum

9. Bryony

Bryony Veteran

:welcome:

10. Daz stevens

Daz stevens Regular

thanks for the welcome guys :hello:

11. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

Hi and welcome, next you will be joining the Lincoln Wheelers, I may see you there.

12. Welcome to CycleChat :bicycle:

13. Daz stevens

Daz stevens Regular

Hi

And thank you for the welcome gents. Yes funnily I was thinking just the other day about possibly joining a club. To be honest thou im not very fast yet as I am still trying to lose weight so would probably be out of my depth at a club but in the future...you never know. I do record all my rides on strava just to compare so I can see if im improving or not but since getting myself a boardman road bike im getting better.

14. guitarpete247

guitarpete247 Just about surviving

15. Daz stevens

Daz stevens Regular

thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice