Hi from Lincolnshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:welcome:from down the road.

OP
OP
G

Geofnay

Regular
:welcome:

I was in Lincoln earlier today, visiting my eldest son who's at university there doing his Masters in Mech Engineering.
My daughter also did a Masters there. Lincoln is a nice, compact city and not so flat as is thought - did you get to climb Steep Hill and see the Cathedral and Castle?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My daughter also did a Masters there. Lincoln is a nice, compact city and not so flat as is thought - did you get to climb Steep Hill and see the Cathedral and Castle?
We've had a few visits, so have seen the Castle, Magna Carta and the Cathedral.

Son no. 2 , who races, took part in the cobbled hillclimb in Lincoln last year as part of the British national championships.

OP
OP
G

Geofnay

Regular
The son of a former colleague was a senior in the RST Racing Team some time ago and would have battled with the cobbles. I think he races 'darn sarf' now.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@biggs682 - bring a single speed and ride up Steep Hill :okay:

This was the Michaelgate hillclimb dash as part of last year's British National Championships - son no. 2 got a bad start and came 3rd in his age group but appears at 5:41 :

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

This was the Michaelgate hillclimb dash as part of last year's British National Championships - son no. 2 got a bad start and came 3rd in his age group but appears at 5:41 :

I have an outstanding invitation to ride with a mate who is based near Grimoldby and he never mentions any hills so just wandered.

Well done to son no 2

Despite the pictures I have still never found it, I did find Short Cobble Bump though, nothing you can't grit you teeth and get through anyway.

_nc_ohc=5EQRYDS1EUUAX8927Pk&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.jpg

I guess on a fixie it'll actually feel Steep and I dare say a number of times up it will make it feel steeper still, the boy is making it look easy though 💪 :okay:

Top Bottom