Hi from Lincolnshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JeProject

Hello to all!

Been reading a few posts lately and thought I should sign up.

I only really cycle to and from work (only about 6 miles total) but lately I've become sick of relying on other people to maintain my bike. Learning as much as I can about taking various parts of the bike apart and setting up and likely to need advice at some point. This seems like the perfect place.

Ttfn, Jason.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Welcome, from the southern end of the county!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Hello to you in lovely Lincolnshire.

If you've got a question try the search as it's probably been asked before, if you don't get the answer start a thread in 'Know How' in the Tech Section - there are some very knowledable folk on this forum and you should get some answers.

:smile:

battered

Guru
I grew up near Louth and my parents still live there. It's a nice place to explore, plenty of empty roads and nice countryside. I've a close friend in Grimsby so I get over regularly. I'm also a dab hand with the spanners so if ever you get stuck and you are in the right area, then just ask, I'l be happy to help when I'm next around.:smile:

OP
OP
JeProject

JeProject

Thanks for the welcome people.

Whilst biking is a necessity I do also really enjoy it. I've been off the old cigarettes for over 2 months now and I hate running so I should think when I feel a bit more healthy I will probably start doing it more as a hobby. I've already seen many inspirations on this forum so I'm looking forward to it.

Jason

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: JeProject and :welcome: to CC :wahhey:.

There are a number of very useful bike maintenance sites, one which I like and use is the Bike Tutor.

HTH and Happy Miles :biggrin:

OP
OP
JeProject

JeProject

Hi Jason,

Welcome from a fellow countyman. Where are you thereabouts? I am up the north end near the checkpoint known by the rest of the country as the "Humber Bridge".

I live in Lincoln itself. Ideal location in England for that balance of urban/rural imo.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Hello from another Yellowbelly. I grew up near Louth too. Plenty of climbing in the Wolds, plenty of wind on the flats!
laugh.gif

Gixxerman

Guru
Yes welcome from a true yellowbelly. Born in Louth (pronouced Loweth) and lived in Market Rasen (making me a Rasenite) all my life since.
Love it here. Nice forrest trails within a few miles, not far from the coast, hills to climb in the wolds, quiet roads. A cycling paradise.
I am also pretty good with the spanners, have a proper bike toolkit and work in Lincoln 5 days a week.
So if you need any help or someone to go on for a ride with give me a shout.

Top Bottom