Hi from Litherland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slow coach

Regular
Hello all,
My name is Degs I'm 59 and recently retired. Have been cycling for years on a mountain bike but decided that when I retired in March 2012 I would get me a road bike. I'm made up with it, even got those clip in pedals, awesome fell off twice in 10 minutes one fall to the left and one to the right to keep the pain even, as they say twice bitten once shy. Next step is to join local club.

Fubar

Guru
Hello all,
My name is Degs I'm 59 and recently retired. Have been cycling for years on a mountain bike but decided that when I retired in March 2012 I would get me a road bike. I'm made up with it, even got those clip in pedals, awesome fell off twice in 10 minutes one fall to the left and one to the right to keep the pain even, as they say twice bitten once shy. Next step is to join local club.

Hi Slow Coach and :welcome: to the forums! I think everyone who has clip-in's has the odd "clipless moment" to begin with so you are not alone. Not sure where Litherland is but have a look at the Informal Rides section for any CC rides near your area. Regards, Mark

Herr-B

Welcome.

I'm still to have my first clipless moment, but it will come, I'm sure of it. There's already been a few 'just in time' moments. :eek:

OP
OP
slow coach

slow coach

Regular
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see you are enjoying your road bike. :smile:

Just wish I'd bought one sooner, mind you I did initially think that basically all road bikes were the same . how wrong can you be the choice is bewildering. It's easier to choose a car.

Typhon

Yep the choice is bewildering and it's difficult if you're a beginner to really know what constitutes quality other than weight and frame material.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: Degs: what's left now is to fly straight over the handlebars ...

Ajay

Veteran
Nice one Degs, my mate is a member of the Merc, I've been out with them a few times.
He's recently moved to Chester, so struggles to get out with them these days.

Top Bottom