Hi From Mallorca

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi All
Just joining from Mallorca. I live here year round and an expat (british)

I ride Road, Mtb, and TT bike. Have been cycling 2 years and 2 months and have covered just over 19,000 miles in my first two years so have been bitten by the bug totally. Have had 6 bikes in that time and have got three that Im keeping (for the moment!)

Jeff

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Jeff - welcome to the asylum CycleChat! :hello:

Impressive stats there!

I haven't been to Mallorca yet, but fancy going there for a cycling holiday one day when finances (and health) permit.

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
Welcome Jeff, how many times have have you cycled up the road to the Luc Monastery?
Even on a coach excursion it was hard going, I was just so jealous that I didn't have a bike.
And that road up to the radar station past the reservoirs?
Oh you are so lucky, how about some pics so all the other CycleChatters can see what a lovely cycling destination Mallorca is

OP
OP
M

mallorcajeff

Hi Thanks for the Messages.
Cycle up to Lluc have done maybe 100 times now?
Up past the lakes and down to Soller maybe 30?
I live about 15 mins from the Lluc climb so quite often get that in after work, then ride home.
Here is some pics as requested
IMG_2787.jpg
IMG_2785.jpg
IMG_2676_zps4000f696.jpg
P1120943.jpg

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
Now I am extremely jealous:cry:

Was there on a family hol this summer, Port Soller and the tram was gorgeous, the mountains were stunning, and I kept seeing all these roadies out and thinking maybe next time:bicycle:
The guide on the coach said they had snow on the mountains in winter and I see from your pics that it's true

OP
OP
M

mallorcajeff

Yeah that Tram is lovely the Mrs has done but I never have. To cycle out of Soller there is some lovely climbs. Next time hire a bike and go for it!

Lomax71

Heading out on February!

zizou

Veteran
Nice pics

Thinking about going over in the spring to do the Mallorca 312 sportive, looks like some great cycling.

OP
OP
M

mallorcajeff

hi all Im thinking of doing th mallorca 312 as well. I went out on my own on sunday and did 121 miles and felt pretty good but not sure I had another 50 miles in the legs? And i only did one big mountain not the whole ammount in the 312 certainly is a big ask!

OP
OP
M

mallorcajeff

maybe we should get a group together and share the work?
Living here year round is not like most people think and belive me the weather here in Mallorca this morning wow horrendous! cold, strong wind and awful rain really heavy! Oh to be in the uk and a winter fire etc!

Top Bottom