Hi from Mansfield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lowcliff

I,ve been lurking around the site for a while, and now i,ve gone and bit the bullet and bought my first proper road bike on Thursday. The bike in question is a Mekk Poggio 2G , my only other experience of riding a road bike was on a Boss Pelaton last August (49.5mile) this is total
mileage completed so far, I generally ride a MTB so i am very inexperienced, but i liked the look and feel of the Mekk so i bought it.
I purchased the bike from J E JAMES in Chesterfield, and i received excellent 1st class service, i arrived late on thursday evening 5.40pm, the shop should close at 6.00pm, i looked at the bike, when i asked about a 56cm frame the guy told me i needed a 54cm frame (i was thinking about a 58cm frame, so it was a good job i didn,t buy from an online shop or i would have ordered the wrong size) we had a discussion about the bike, frame size etc at this stage it was nearly 6.00pm, So i paid for the bike which took me past 6.00pm and was going to collect on friday at the same time. Friday i arrived late again, one guy stopped to set the bike up for me and go through the bike with me again and again it was past 6.00 pm closing time, so if you read this at J E JAMES thank you !!!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
good to nice comments . :welcome:

OP
OP
Lowcliff

Lowcliff

I forgot to mention that when i collected the bike there was a £60 refund because wiggle was selling the bike cheaper, price match after purchase !!, Well done J E JAMES

paul04

Über Member
We all here about bad customer service in shops, so its nice to here about some good service received. and even better they did a price match for you.:smile:

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi and welcome,
Very good result and good to hear about.
I wish you many happy hours of riding your new bike.
I hope you get back to us to share your experiences and get help if you need it.
Take care.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
i liked the look and feel of the Mekk so i bought it.

You might be new, but you are already well-qualified to offer bike buying advice.

Top Bottom