Hi from N.I.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Morning All,

Returning rider here from Northern Ireland, haven't sat my backside on a bike for 15 years but got the bug and in a fit one day ordered a Carrera Subway Ltd from Halfords in order to rebuild the fitness levels and generally tone up. Good bike, assembled apparently by monkeys but all sorted now.

Looking into a proper road bike now so I can commute the 10 miles each way come the fairer weather, unfortunately being married with 3 kids under 4 means the budget isn't massive so may stick some proper road tires on the Sub and see what difference they make.

Looking forward to chatting to folk here, seems a nice forum!!

Anyway, thats me in a nutshell!!

Hiya Dusty. Your experiences with the Carrera Subway/Hellfrauds seem bang on, great vfm bike/ muppet staff ;) It won't be as efficient as a roadbike but the Subway will cope, thinner, slicker tyres will also help :thumbsup:

OP
OP
*Dusty*

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Cheers chaps, I have been looking at the Carrera Virtuoso as an option, i was getting one for £360 which i thought was fair. I know it's not a massive amount but i'm intending to spend £300-400 ish on a more efficient bike for the commute. I'll keep the hybrid for pottering around with the kids and sticking a baby seat on the back though :smile:

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi dusty and welcome to the forum, everyone had to start somewhere, I started back to cycling on a Halfords special :0) the appolo hard tail MTB, as and when finances allowed I bought the specialized Sirrus and am slowly modding it to give a better drivetrain etc..... Good luck with the rides and fitness :smile:

OP
OP
*Dusty*

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Into Portadown from way out in the sticks!! Plain sailing on roads for the most part then through the town traffic for a mile or three then main roads again to the outskirts again :smile:

Cheers again to all for the welcome!

Rob500

trying to pluck the courage to try to commute a few days myself. Trouble is have to get from Hillsborough to Monkstown.

What about getting onto the Lagan cycle path - Get into Belfast - Follow the cycle route up through Duncrue - Join the Lough Shore cycle path - Ends close to Glenville Rd.

avsd

Guru
Into Portadown from way out in the sticks!! Plain sailing on roads for the most part then through the town traffic for a mile or three then main roads again to the outskirts again :smile:

Cheers again to all for the welcome!

As they said to me on the Wicklow 200 "good luck to your a*se" :tongue: and enjoy the site. It is a very friendly spot.

OP
OP
*Dusty*

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Ha, I'm hoping padded shorts on an already padded a*se with a padded seat will make it bearable.

Off to look at a few road bikes tonight and get the gears set up properly and finally on the Subway. Fecking halfrauds monkeys......

Top Bottom