Hi from North East England

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SKD

Hello there, I have just joined up. :smile:

I am George from Newcastle Upon Tyne, I am 27 years of age.

I am currently a supervisor for a leading plastics company in North Shields, but I am also qaulified as a professional photographer, which I am hoping to get started on my own one day.

I used to ride quite often for travelling from A to B about 8 years ago before I passed my driving test then once I got a car I got lazy (I doubt I was the first or last to do so :becool:).

Anyways back in October work started the C2W scheme, so I decided to do it to save me a fortune in petrol and tolls (Tyne Tunnel), The distance is 3.9miles from home to work which I can do in about 23mins, which I personally think is great for me considering I anit been on a bike in 8years and I now suffer from asthma. But I hope to get my asthma unser control and become more bike fit.

Anyway thats enough of me boring you and below is the only image of my bike (day i got it).

313712_1560125858517_1696427576_773983_742374035_n.jpg

Thanks for reading.

George

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Bienvenu (or whatever the local word is), George . Your bike looks very, very clean. I've got a road Boardman and it's about 300% muddier than your MTB. They just don't stay that clean, do they?

OP
OP
S

SKD

Well that picture was taken 10mins after I got the bike, I got it straight home, took the picture then added the lights etc, about 30mins after the picture was taken it was no longer white.

I liked the road Boardman's but I travel along a lot of black paths so was no good for me and I didnt fancy a hybird

OP
OP
S

SKD

Nice bike too ... I love going through the tunnel, it's so cold down there, very refreshing on a hot day (do we ever get them up here?) apart from the bottom turn when wet Ouch! :cycle:

Its normally the north side I have problems when wet, 1st day I took my bike through there I almost came off as the tiles were wet:shy:. I also hate the tunnel when the lift dont work. I dont mind carrying bike down, but carrying up I need a 10min rest at the top:cursing:

OP
OP
S

SKD

It already has ... new lifts both sides :thumbsup:

Not that the lifts are any good,

But another 6million is being spent on the tunnel, on 2 inclining lifts and a refurb within the tunnels are well.

OP
OP
S

SKD

Howdy from Whitley Bay area! I'm also into photography but I'm far from anything you could call professional :P Just a hobby

www.flickr.com/keifeh if you wanted to hit me with any tips!

I have added you, but please bare with me as I anit used flickr in a very long time so need to upload some stuff, You can also find my photography page on facebook. Just look for SKDDigital

theloafer

Legendary Member
Well that picture was taken 10mins after I got the bike, I got it straight home, took the picture then added the lights etc, about 30mins after the picture was taken it was no longer white.

I liked the road Boardman's but I travel along a lot of black paths so was no good for me and I didnt fancy a hybird
should have got one of these ^_^ ps..:welcome: any way
brenda.jpg

Top Bottom