Hi from Oldie Apprentice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolfbaine

Hi I have just joined the group and will be asking a lot of questions as I come to grips with advanced bike maintenance. I have enrolled on an online course which quite frankly is very poor, so have bought the Haynes maintenance guide. I am currently working on my son's bike and replacing the inner gear cables. I think I have chosen the most difficult bike to start with as the gear shift is combined with the brake lever.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Hi I have just joined the group and will be asking a lot of questions as I come to grips with advanced bike maintenance. I have enrolled on an online course which quite frankly is very poor, so have bought the Haynes maintenance guide. I am currently working on my son's bike and replacing the inner gear cables. I think I have chosen the most difficult bike to start with as the gear shift is combined with the brake lever.
Welcome, The Haynes bike book is quite good, plus everything is on youtube.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome to the forum.

You’ve probably started with the easiest job, the harder part will come with adjusting but it’s all quite straightforward, remember YouTube is your friend :smile:
Remember to grease the cables before putting them in 👍

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't forget You Tube for videos - it's stuffed full of them for bike maintenance.

I found the manufacturer's video for servicing a hydraulic seat post for my mountain bike (dropper post as they are known), which made the job easy - quite frightening pulling a £200 seat post to bits (yes stupid money).

Top Bottom