Hi from Oz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there fellow riders.

I'm located in Canberra, Australia where I work in the public service. I'm a daily rider using bikes to commute and on weekends I usually hit the trails or a longer road ride.
My favourite way to spend holidays is to load up my bike and head off exploring overseas. I've been to the UK twice and Europe once.
My next planned trip is the iconic John o'Groats to Lands End ride in August '17. Can't wait.
Cheers
Warren

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Hi there fellow riders.

I'm located in Canberra, Australia where I work in the public service. I'm a daily rider using bikes to commute and on weekends I usually hit the trails or a longer road ride.
My favourite way to spend holidays is to load up my bike and head off exploring overseas. I've been to the UK twice and Europe once.
My next planned trip is the iconic John o'Groats to Lands End ride in August '17. Can't wait.
Cheers
Warren
Welcome to the CycleChat forum, @travel31x / Warren. :welcome:
I'm from Melbourne, and have been with CycleChat a while now. It's a great forum, and shows no signs of slowing down, thanks to its founder Shaun's never-ceasing efforts.

I'm also heading overseas shortly (just over a week from now, in fact), and will be riding through the European Alps and then the Pyrenees.
It's just a pity it's so far to fly (and a bit pricey, too), isn't it?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome Warren. Its a while since I was in Canberra, always struck me as sort of sleepy for the capital!

Do you intend to bring your bike over or buy/rent one here? I'm sure you'll enjoy the ride.

OP
OP
T

travel31x

Regular
Hello and welcome Warren. Its a while since I was in Canberra, always struck me as sort of sleepy for the capital!

Do you intend to bring your bike over or buy/rent one here? I'm sure you'll enjoy the ride.
Hi there. You are correct about Canberra. It doesn't really seem like a nation's capital.
I will be bringing my bike with me. It means that I have to be careful with my baggage allowance. I'm sure I will enjoy the ride too. I have cycled in the UK before and glad to be returning.

OP
OP
T

travel31x

Regular
Welcome to the CycleChat forum, @travel31x / Warren. :welcome:
I'm from Melbourne, and have been with CycleChat a while now. It's a great forum, and shows no signs of slowing down, thanks to its founder Shaun's never-ceasing efforts.

I'm also heading overseas shortly (just over a week from now, in fact), and will be riding through the European Alps and then the Pyrenees.
It's just a pity it's so far to fly (and a bit pricey, too), isn't it?

Hi there. Hope you have a top ride. My last European ride was to follow the Rhine through Germany. Great experience.

You are right about the flight from here to there - it is way too long and expensive and there is always the worry about the bike being damaged in transit. Worth it though because the best holidays are spent on a bike.

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome:

Top Bottom