''Hi'' from Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
thanks - had a look - interesting - but after many, many years 'out of the saddle' i need to build myself up again.......

john
Hiya John and welcome from Rutherglen!
If you have a car you can put your bike in, there are 2 social beginners rides starting from the Glasgow Green every Tuesday and Friday.
Link here.
Don't worry, they are mixed sex rides, a few recently retired gentlemen have been joining us gals, max speed 10mph on the flat :smile:

openroad

Hi there and welcome :smile:

Martin McNeely

Hi john and welcome from Bellshill, South Lanarkshire is a great place for cycling. I cycle with RACC In larkhall and most of our routes are through South Lanarkshire

OP
OP
J

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
thanks to all above for the welcomes

Pat - a kind invitation but i'm without a car at the moment
sold my taxi as the business collapsed last year...oddly enough i worked the Cambuslang/Rutherglen area....:ohmy:

as i mentioned above - i need to get fit again - been sitting on my butt in the taxi too long
a slow process methinks as i have asthma too....

maybe this summer.................john

:welcome: from the land of sun & rain :girldance:
Sounds just like Scotland....:rain::sun:

well, South Lanarkshire..
started cycling with the Hertfordshire CC in the ''cough'' mid 50s [ year not age.....^_^]
still got some B&W photos of 25mile TimeTrials on a steel Raleigh which weighed a ton...
moved to Canada................ and stopped cycling

now retired, I have decided to start again
low key though - i live on a farm 3 miles from the village and thought it would be a nice way to enjoy the country lanes
Bought a Trek FX 7.2 some time ago - dusted it off - browsed your Forum - decided to join for the wealth of knowledge and the chat - long dark nights out here at the moment .........and SNOWING.....:cold:

john
Hi John from tropical Brechin.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: @John the Canuck and :welcome: to CycleChat ! :wahhey:

There are indeed lots of CC Ecosse folk on here and plenty riding opporchancities over in the wild west :whistle: ...

You will be very welcome out east too ! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom