Hi from Scouseland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Erasmus

Hi Folks, just joined this forum today as I'm recently retired and hope to give my cycling a boost in 2019 and 'get out more'.

Funny as you get older the way the body works - my knees were playing up something rotten yesterday getting up a ladder, but no problems while cycling (yes, my wife thinks that sounds dodgy as well - 'whadya mean you can't paint the window sills, but need to get on your bike as physio for your knees?'). Hey ho!

So, hello, and looking forward to some good craic.
Cheers, John

owdo :bicycle:

OP
OP
E

Erasmus

Thanks folks, your replies and welcomes appreciated. Weather is looking ok for a few days here to make a concerted effort next week, so, no excuses!

:welcome:

OP
OP
E

Erasmus

Well, guess who spoke too soon with "no excuses"! Went out on Wednesday to start the day off with a swim, and on going from house to car, slipped on the ice and landed on my shoulder. No broken bones, but my shoulder muscles are so mashed that I still can't lift my arm more than a few degrees.

Lucky my wife was a nurse before she also retired recently, so I'm getting strict bossing around on what I can and can't do. However, I've put my foot down tonight, and am relaxing with some wine as opposed to anti inflamattories and pain killers.

Will get back on that darn bike as soon as I can, honest :cycle:

Sharky

Guru
I've had a week of no cycling as well. Each morning, look outside and car windscreen covered in frost and temperatures below 5. So not wanting a repeat off on black ice, stayed inside.

david k

Hi
Hi Folks, just joined this forum today as I'm recently retired and hope to give my cycling a boost in 2019 and 'get out more'.

Funny as you get older the way the body works - my knees were playing up something rotten yesterday getting up a ladder, but no problems while cycling (yes, my wife thinks that sounds dodgy as well - 'whadya mean you can't paint the window sills, but need to get on your bike as physio for your knees?'). Hey ho!

So, hello, and looking forward to some good craic.
Cheers, John

Welcome where abouts in Liverpool are you from?

Top Bottom