Hi From South Derbyshire!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi! :hello:

Another newbie here from South Derbyshire!

I've rediscovered my old childhood favourite pastime after many years away and have to say I cant believe I left it so long! I ride a hybrid bike and atm I just do local rides anywhere between 10-30 miles to build up fitness but when it improves and finances permit I will upgrade and do longer rides.

I'm looking forward to meeting and chatting to new people and hopefully sharing information and experiences as well.

Octet

Veteran
Welcome to the forums Chris!
Good luck on your personal goals.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hi! :hello:

Another newbie here from South Derbyshire!

I've rediscovered my old childhood favourite pastime after many years away and have to say I cant believe I left it so long! I ride a hybrid bike and atm I just do local rides anywhere between 10-30 miles to build up fitness but when it improves and finances permit I will upgrade and do longer rides.

I'm looking forward to meeting and chatting to new people and hopefully sharing information and experiences as well.
Welcome !!

Whereabouts are you ? i am based in Swadlincote if you need any help or misinformation ^_^

OP
OP
Noodle Legs

Noodle Legs

Winging it
Well done. Upgrading is easier than it seems. Expect to be able to do 50 miles by the start of winter.
Thanks!
The longest I did recently was 33 miles...it took me just over 2h 20-averaging close to 14mph-which I didn't think was too bad for a newbie on a hybrid! Though it was a little disheartening being overtook with comparative ease by a guy on a road bike at a point when I was doing nearly 20!:cry:

Thanks Cyberknight!:thumbsup:

I'm also in Swadlincote (Midway). Maybe it was you who shot past me whilst I was doing 20 mph!:cycle:

cyberknight

Thanks Cyberknight!:thumbsup:

I'm also in Swadlincote (Midway). Maybe it was you who shot past me whilst I was doing 20 mph!:cycle:
Actually from Newhall, i did the ros,coton, catton,barton,drakelow loop this morning and got home about 10.45 before it started raining .
I was on a white road bike .
I commute most days to that their big car factory and try to get out a couple of times a month with mercia CC although 2 young children hamper my cycling time.

OP
OP
Noodle Legs

Noodle Legs

Winging it
Actually from Newhall, i did the ros,coton, catton,barton,drakelow loop this morning and got home about 10.45 before it started raining .
I was on a white road bike .
I commute most days to that their big car factory and try to get out a couple of times a month with mercia CC although 2 young children hamper my cycling time.

Newhall eh? I'm almost there myself! I usually roll around rosliston and coton and vary it according to my time and mood! The 33 miler i did the other week took in drakelow, walton, catton, across the a38 thru alrewas then followed route 54 up towards willington, then back to repton thru the lanes back home! Was drained after the climb up sandcliffe road!

D

Deleted member 23692

Welcome :smile:

Those are some familiar place names... I used to work in Swad a few years back

OP
OP
Noodle Legs

Noodle Legs

Winging it
There's some nice rides around here- the roads are pretty good around the smaller villages, fairly undulating with the odd good climb as well....hopefully if i come back from vegas next month with money left theres a nice little road bike i have my eye on...........:hyper:

cyberknight

Those are some familiar place names... I used to work in Swad a few years back
Someone has too :smile:
Newhall eh? I'm almost there myself! I usually roll around rosliston and coton and vary it according to my time and mood! The 33 miler i did the other week took in drakelow, walton, catton, across the a38 thru alrewas then followed route 54 up towards willington, then back to repton thru the lanes back home! Was drained after the climb up sandcliffe road!
Its the hill on knights lane from repton that kills me homeward bound or i take the single track lane from newton soleny that comes out by the garden centre.Another good drag is the hill from church to castle gresley , i know one guy uses that for hill training.

cyberknight

There's some nice rides around here- the roads are pretty good around the smaller villages, fairly undulating with the odd good climb as well....hopefully if i come back from vegas next month with money left theres a nice little road bike i have my eye on...........:hyper:
lol so your waiting for a bit then :smile:
Your more than welcome at mercia CC, slow groups averages 15 mph so i believe and its easier to ride in a group with the drafting effect and and a cake stop :smile: The club has rides from that pace ,around 18 mph average for the medium group and the fast group hammers along at 21 mph average .

OP
OP
Noodle Legs

Noodle Legs

Winging it
Its the hill on knights lane from repton that kills me homeward bound or i take the single track lane from newton soleny that comes out by the garden centre.Another good drag is the hill from church to castle gresley , i know one guy uses that for hill training.

I've done knights lane before for hill training, that was a killer! The other side of the crossroads from there towards milton and foremark is good too just as steep but not as long. I presume the hill between the gresleys you're referring to is cappy hill?? Not done that one yet but it looks a good one.

Ffoeg said:

Those are some familiar place names... I used to work in Swad a few years back​
Someone has too :smile:
:laugh: ha ha!

Top Bottom