hi from south london

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iZaP

Über Member
Hey, new beginner cycler here on the London streets, I'm 18, I live in South London (Croydon) and I'm a student.. My very good neighbours gave away one of their mtb's, i just needed to change the inner tube of the front tire.

Mostly use my mtb to cycle to college (3 miles) and I just like to cycle for fun, around 5-8miles are my comfortable distances so far, but I reckon I could do more with more determination and preparation.

I've started looking for a road bike as well, all the new ones seem pretty expensive for a student really :| (Specialized Allez is a nice range I reckon.)

So I might get a used one (if it's a good idea? lol) I've also came here to see what should I be eating while cycling.

So any tips will be welcomed ;D

rusky

CC Addict
Hi & welcome to the forum.

I like the look of the Specialized Allez too. The Decathlon road bikes are very good value starting at £270 http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/road-sport-bikes-3963881/

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Welcome iZap. I'm also a cyclist residing in croydon, give me a wave if you see me. (i can be spotted by the camera on my head with a red light on it)

OP
OP
iZaP

iZaP

Über Member
gaz said:
Welcome iZaP. I'm also a cyclist residing in croydon, give me a wave if you see me. (i can be spotted by the camera on my head with a red light on it)

ooww, nice one, where abouts in croydon? I live in Shirley Oaks.

ill be sure to wave:smile: hopefully i won't start waving to EVERY cyclists. lol.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
iZaP said:
ooww, nice one, where abouts in croydon? I live in Shirley Oaks.

ill be sure to wave:smile: hopefully i won't start waving to EVERY cyclists. lol.
Lloyd park. Obviously not in the park.

Jamiejay

Hi , I just got a bike off my mate with a bikemate computer on it . i have tryed setting it up but i dont have a clue. i have no instructions. could any one possible help me ?
thanks
Jamie

bauldbairn

Hello iZap and Welcome to the CC forums. :evil:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Howdo iZap. Welcome aboard. There's a few of us that live near you (I'm just outside Bromley) so you're sure to get spotted at some point. :biggrin:

I'm the one lying down and waving. If I yell at you, that's not me, that's Mikey :tongue:

Top Bottom