Hi from Southampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
L

Luthor1

Ok, that's cool - so this Sunday if you're not there I'll probably go out with the slower medium again as I got on with them great, and when you're back in action, will come out with you and see where I'm at :ohmy:

I hope your knee sorts itself out - I felt a twinge from mine a couple of weeks ago and discovered that my seat was too far back! I'm sure your bike is setup right, but mine was attrocious, mainly due to my zip bag not letting me slide forward my seat, I've got to get a different one, I still think it needs to go forward another inch

OP
OP
L

Luthor1

Bit off more than I could chew on Sunday I think! I went out in the fast-medium group, but as there was no fast group the fast guys came out with us and I think the pace went up a little!! Sitting on >22mph on the flats and seeing >35mph on the downhills on the mountain bike, I'm now looking through the free-ads and e-bay for a 'proper' road bike :smile:

I was told "You're on a 4x4 and we're all on Ferrari's" by one of the girls on the ride! Very funny!!

I died at around 50mile mark out of a 60mile ride, I just had nothing left for the hills, I think on the flat it was ok but I just got destroyed. It was a hilly course too.

So new bike for me, I'm looking at the Specialized Allez Elite since I'm a bit of a specialized fan-boy, 2nd hand around the £3-400 mark, anyone got any other ideas??

Cheers!
Andy

Top Bottom