Hi from Steve in Aldridge . . .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevieboy378

Hi all ! !

I'm a 47 year old born again cyclist - me and my trusty Kona Dew do around 200 miles a week, at between 40 & 50 miles per outing. In the couple of months that I've had the cycle I've lost over a stone in weight, and feel 20 years younger . . . .
I'm gradually increasing my stamina, and my distances are steadily increasing - I'm hoping to be doing 100+ mile trips regularly in the next 12 months . . .

Happy cycling to you all ! !

bauldbairn

Hello Steve and Welcome to the CC forums. :smile:

The Kona Dew is a popular choice of bike on here - I looked at the Drop myself earlier this year. :laugh:

All the best!

OP
OP
S

stevieboy378

looked at the Drop myself, but went for the Dew as I'm still undecided about drop handlebars - never got on with them as a cycling youth.
Over the moon with the Dew - just need a set of mudguards, some SPD's and a decend rack and I'm all set ! !

ejectseat

Hi, Steve

I am rather a novice/noob/beginner compared to you and most of the others around here but, I guess everyone has to start somewhere,

I posted about my first proper ride the other day so, I shall update from yesterday's ride

11miles, 54.31mins, 12mph avg, 30.5mph top, a couple of very long inclines but, no big hills,

well proud of myself, my legs hurt a bit last night but, this morning they were fine, just a bit saddle sore.

bauldbairn

ejectseat said:
well proud of myself, my legs hurt a bit last night but, this morning they were fine, just a bit saddle sore.

So you should be - the saddle soreness will subcide with time. :becool:

Top Bottom