Hi from 'sunny' Cornwall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
16mph in Cornwall is not bad going at all .I did find that for all the climbing you were never really rewarded properly on the descents due to the nature of the roads blind bend etc .
In fairness I've improved quickly and actually it's quite a nice feeling knowing that I can go for a steady spin (by their standards) with 'decent' riders and not feel like I'm ruining their ride by causing them to wait for me all the time. I definitely think acknowledging weaknesses but still unashamedly and unapologetically giving it ones all goes a long way to making big improvements.

Absolutely right re: descending round here - I'm less wreckless, but feel much safer, than when I started. You can still get plenty of speed but it really is a case of local knowledge helps in terms of when and where is safe to push
Cheers T

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hi and welcome. I live in Lincolnshire now but, until May just gone, lived in Wadebridge. I feel your pain, re the hills.

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
Hi and welcome. I live in Lincolnshire now but, until May just gone, lived in Wadebridge. I feel your pain, re the hills.
Many thanks; yes, there's quite drag between Wadebridge and Bodmin - just seems never to end! Apart from (is it) 'The Steep' in Lincoln it's pretty much like a billiards table from memory (visited my father up there some years ago)

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Many thanks; yes, there's quite drag between Wadebridge and Bodmin - just seems never to end! Apart from (is it) 'The Steep' in Lincoln it's pretty much like a billiards table from memory (visited my father up there some years ago)
I live right on the edge of The Wolds. I can find hills a plenty if I choose to. Or I can turn right and go off to the flatlands :smile: Depending on how I feel.

Top Bottom