Hi from Swindon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cosmicned

Hi-

I've always loved bikes but recently got back into commuting for my personal health & the health of my wallet... :biggrin:
I've done a 10 mile round commute everyday come rain or shine for a year now... lost 20lbs in weight and much fitter!

I loathe Buses, Lorries, White vans but most of all Taxis... so much so I'm thinking of wearing one of those 'Divine Wind' Kamakaze bandanas to make a point... not that they'd understand it...:laugh:

Adasta

Whereabouts are you in Swindon? I used to live there and BSRU lives there currently.

Congrats on the commuting and weight loss.

Welcome to the forum.
wave.gif

OP
OP
Cosmicned

Cosmicned

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm living about a mile from the ASDA Walmart supermarket in the northern 'burbs - takes me around 20mins to do the 5 miles to work everyday- which isn't too bad considering my 51 years & the 144 foot elevation to negotiate on the run... just now thinking of adding a road bike to my good quality but slowish hybrid- I had a roadie way back in my 20's and I seemed to be much faster! Mind you- so were my legs!

BSRU

A Human Being
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm living about a mile from the ASDA Walmart supermarket in the northern 'burbs - takes me around 20mins to do the 5 miles to work everyday- which isn't too bad considering my 51 years & the 144 foot elevation to negotiate on the run... just now thinking of adding a road bike to my good quality but slowish hybrid- I had a roadie way back in my 20's and I seemed to be much faster! Mind you- so were my legs!

Oops missed this thread, I've just bought a road bike, something for sunny dry days and it makes a huge difference compared to my twice as heavy hybrid. I seem to go alot faster with far less effort, not commuted on it yet as still sorting out the storage to carry my change of clothes.

Top Bottom