Hi from the Highlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macbikes

Hi, Just starting to get into biking as the kids get more and more into their bikes.

13 year old son wants to do everything (and a bike for each thing...)
11 daughter who doesn't like bikes :ohmy:
6 year old son who loves bikes, especially dirt jumps (gets more air than me...)
just turned 2 year old son who is following in his brothers' footsteps (loves going to the dirt jumps on his balance bike) and [WARNING PARENTAL BOAST FOLLOWS] has been riding a pedal bike with no stabilisers since he was 22 months.

I have always loved cycling but since having children haven't done much until recently. I have a road bike and managed to squeeze in a mini triathlon in between baby #3 and #4. Got myself a mountain bike recently and went on a skills course and learnt it is a bad idea to hold on to the back brake and scream as you go down the hills....

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi from the lowlands!
:welcome:
Where abouts in the highlands are you, Chief of the Bikes Clan? :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: macbikes and :welcome: to CycleChat ! :wahhey:

If by Highlands you mean ' - of Scotland', you are doubly welcome !

There are a few CC folk north of the central belt - and they have been known to seek warmer climes ;) by joining us on a CC Ecosse Forum Ride - usually around the central belt - but we have a fabulous route out of Perth, which I am sure will be done at least once next year ...

You have very obviously taught the children well ! :bravo:

PARENTAL BOAST - APPROVED ! :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Welcome from a frosty Perthshire. Take it that it will be freezing where you are too this morning? Had hoped for an early morning cycle but roads are still glistening and very poorly gritted round here and I am getting too old to fall off!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi & :welcome:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Nearish Aviemore. Was very cold here too - been standing at the bottom of a dry ski slope all morning and still not thawed out!
Road all iced up this morning here, but Maurine the ice bike took me to work and back ... no sliding with marathon winters:wahhey:

Top Bottom