Hi from the Netherlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ademort

First post on the forum, just like to say hello. Am English, of course but have lived the last 17 years in the Netherlands in a town called Middelburg. Am a keen cyclist, cycle every day to work 10 miles each way and also find time in the evenings for an hour or two on my good bike. Have cycled for more than thirty years and hope to make some new friends on the forum.:biggrin:
Ademort

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hello © User3143
And welcome to the site...

OP
OP
Ademort

Ademort

I was at work today and mentioned that The Netherlands had beaten England at cricket and some of my colleagues didnt even know what cricket was, i had to explain. There are no cricket teams anywhere near me, about as common as hills i think.
Ademort

gavintc

Guru
Ademort said:
I was at work today and mentioned that The Netherlands had beaten England at cricket and some of my colleagues didnt even know what cricket was, i had to explain. There are no cricket teams anywhere near me, about as common as hills i think.
Ademort

Which makes it all the more amusing. It certainly created some laughs and ribald comment last night in our house.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Ahoy Ademort :smile:

OP
OP
Ademort

Ademort

gavintc said:
Which makes it all the more amusing. It certainly created some laughs and ribald comment last night in our house.
What made it worse was the fact that i said they had won by four wickets, i then had to explain what a wicket was and spent most of my break explaining what cricket is and how it,s played,:angry::sad::wacko::biggrin:. Wish i,d kept my mouth shut.Just for the record i have found out that only 2,000 people play cricket in the Netherlands:blush::rolleyes:
Ademort

Top Bottom