Hi from the UK!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benbikewalter

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would introduce myself! I am Ben, I live in Bury, just outside of Manchester. I have decided to join this community because it has been a passion since a young age to get into Triathlons (I used to be a competitive swimmer when younger competing to national level). Many of my swimming friends all branched out to triathlons! I am due to compete in my first Triathalon in October (all being well with the current climate) and I am particularly enjoying my bike training at the minute so wanted to discuss this further with you guys!

Can't wait to get started and sharing opinions/stories!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hello Ben, I'm Ben. Welcome. I used to live in Summerseat. Started mountain biking around the valley in 1989. I know a couple of guys who are with Rossendale Tri. Might be worth getting in touch with them. Also Craig at Ride On, your best local bike shop, is well connected and will give you pointers as long as you can get him to stop talking.

Have you ridden up Rawson's Raike in Ramsbottom yet?

Last edited:
OP
OP
benbikewalter

benbikewalter

Hi Globalti,

Many thanks for your reply! Yes Rossendale Tri! I have heard of it, although never actually got in contact with anyone there as I thought I would give this one a go, just with training myself. If I get the itch with it, I will definitely have to get in-touch! and haha! sounds good!, I have been getting my supplies online from a manchester based bike supplier - Velochampion, but will definitely check the guys out at Ride On.

I have done Rawson's Raike twice (hard to say the least!!!!) Felt the burn. Have you done it?

Top Bottom