Hi From The West Riding!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi All..
Just joined the forum and thought I would introduce myself! As I have said on the Welcome Mat I am back on the bike after a 8 year layoff. I have had a great few weeks getting the bikes back up to scratch, the pleasure from taking chains off and cleaning and lubing them, tightening spokes, re-setting saddles has been like a breath of fresh air. Had a few runouts on my old work/winterbike and looking forward to giving my 30 year old Raleigh Clubman a spin too. Maybe picking up another bike in the not too distant future and getting some miles in.

theloafer

Legendary Member
hi minotier
:welcome: to cc congrats to getting back into cycling (build up slowly ):thumbsup:

Lee_M

Guru
Between doncaster and Rotherham.

I grew up in Wath on Dearne!

Still refer to it as the west riding, never mind what civil servants may say

Thanks to all, looking forward to reading the news, advice and opinions on here. Also chucking my ten penn'orth in when I can.:smile:

Between doncaster and Rotherham.

I grew up in Wath on Dearne!

Still refer to it as the west riding, never mind what civil servants may say

Hey up Wath Fella!:thumbsup:
Conisbrough Lad Myself, used to spend hours on the road down to Hooton Roberts, up to Kilnhurst, through Swinton to Wath, Darfield, Hoyland, Birdwell etc.
Have you been back recently? Manvers and the whole area totally redeveloped!
Used to be the coke works and collierys now it's mostly warehousing and call centres.

Always the West Riding mate, it's in our blood.:laugh:

Lee_M

Guru
too true.

yep was up at wath rugby club for a school reunion (34 years) couple of weeks ago, my parents are from mexborough and still live in swinton!

Top Bottom