hi from wallsend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david evans

Regular
Hi all

Just joined the site

Used to cycle lots done the great north ride 4 times in a row (the one from the team valley)
Done the c2c as well

Then one day I thought not to day will do it tomorrow well you can guess what happen
8 years go by

Found out about 1month a go I have blood clots in both lungs and have to take worfrin now
The DR has advised me to start exercising but not to push it to much

Well I think cycling is ideal as you can stop pedalling and still get some where

Was thinking about doing the great north ride next year but looks like the one at the team valley has gone
Found one that goes from sea houses to Tynemouth 50 ish miles think this might be to much for me
Dose any one know of any others locally that I could do

snorri

Legendary Member
I don't know of events in your area David, but welcome to the forum.:smile:
My cycling down your way is usually limited to the riverside cycle route between Newcastle railway station and the ferry terminal at North Shields, but there are others on here who live closer and will be happy to help you find out what's on.

BigTam

Über Member
Hi David and :welcome:, the GNBR, is now from Seahouses to Tynemouth, 57 fairly easy miles, as I am sure you know, there are loads of great routes round this way, make up your own runs, then you choose the distance.

OP
OP
david evans

david evans

Regular
thanks addictfreak will keep any eye out

bigTam how long do you get to do the GNBR

stephyt

I'm already on fb but will have a look for it in the morning thanx it will b something to train for when I get my road bike don't fancy doin it on me slow 17kg hardtail lmao ;)

monkeylc

Über Member
welcome Dave:hello:
my mum just been put on worfrin,just sorting out the dose for her.
just take it easy man and enjoy the cycling mate.

BigTam

Über Member
HI David, 3 1/2 hours, but as I said fairly easy, no hills.

I am doing the Hadrian C2C this weekend with my mate, Ravenglass to Tynemouth, there will be few hills on that, especially the second day.

Top Bottom