hi guys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
just joined the forum as i,ve been browsing alot resently and thought i should register and introduce myself.

my name is Bill , im 38 and from cambridge , i started riding bikes again 3 and a half years ago mostly just to lose alot of wieght and get out the house a bit more after our first son was born. i quickly got into mountain biking and downhill with regular visits to bike parks etc.

i was also using my mountain bike ( banshee spitfire that i built and specced) for fitness road rides every night , i have managed to drop my wieght down from 17.5 stone to 11 stone and have never been healthier.

ive been looking and hankering after a road bike for along time now but didnt have the space or money to buy one.so when we moved house last month i realised i was in a position to do so. i now have a planet x pro carbon with sram rival 22 and i love it.

last year i did 2800km on my enduro bike on the roads lol so this just feels amazing . i cant wait to get the miles in on my new machine:P

Hello :welcome: and well done, I know what you've gone through to drop the weight Im envious as im still trying to get rid of the last stone and a half lol.

Osprey

Guru
Hi and welcome. :welcome:. That's a brilliant effort achieved on your mountain bike. Just wait and see what you can do on your new machine. You've still got time to attempt the metric / imperial century a month challenge. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
T

theraggyone

Regular
Cheers for the welcome:smile: im very one track minded and bikes have become my life( other than my family of cause), ive never been so fit and never expected to lose quite so much weight ( I did change my diet too)

Top Bottom